Troubleshooting - picture size and format
Often computers have software installed that can edit or convert pictures - but there's also free software available on the internet.
I've found the following program to be okay at doing the job: FastStone Image Viewer
- and it can be downloaded here
- the program is free but if you find that you use it regulary I suggest that you support the developer!
After downloading and installing the program you can resize/convert pictures by following these steps:
Click here to return to the previous page
- Start "FastStone Image Viewer" (either from your 'Programs' list or from the link on your computer's desktop).
- In the menu, select File -> Open and locate your picture on your computer, select it in the dialog and click the Open button.
- You should now see the picture in the 'preview' area (left, bottom)
- In the menu, select Edit -> Resize / Resample, in the Pixels / Width area enter the value 500 and click OK.
- In the menu, select File -> Save As, decide where to save the picture, enter a name (Object name) and make sure to Save as type is set to JPEG Bitmap (JPG).
- Click Save and your picture is converted! :-)